In keeping with our client centered mission, Novus is pleased to offer a diverse range of training programs to equip our clients with the tools they need to develop and maintain effective and inclusive workplaces in an ever-changing employment landscape.
Novus trainings provide subject matter expertise and practical guidance on a range of topics – from fundamentals to analysis and impacts of trending issues, pending legislation, and new case law.
Our programs place a premium on user engagement and interaction, utilizing case studies and the flipped classroom model to drive learning outcomes.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding Novus’s training programs.
Novus FOUNDATIONAL Series
This five-module employment series focuses on foundational issues like best practices in hiring and management, prevailing employment laws, and practical application of the law in the higher education environment.
Led by experienced practitioners, the Novus Foundational Series provides the information higher education administrators need to develop core best practice knowledge and an understanding of key issues in human resources, employee management, and employee relations.
The Foundational Series topics will include:
- Avoiding Hiring Hazards in Higher Ed
- Wage & Hour Basics in Academia
- Effective Performance Management in Academia
- Conducting Workplace Investigations in Higher Ed
- Preventing Termination Traps in Higher Ed
Novus Foundational Series trainings are available individually per module or as a package.
Novus Hot Topics Trainings
Novus Hot Topics trainings are for senior administrators in higher education who need to understand complex employment laws and how to apply them.
Training subjects include:
- California Labor Code Bootcamp for Higher Ed
- Advanced Wage & Hour Issues
- Avoiding Common Legal Issues While Ensuring Diversity in Employment
- Legal Considerations When Hiring Remote Faculty
- Avoiding Student Employment Issues
- Managing Employee Disability Accommodations
- Navigating Federal Leaves of Absence
- Understanding Tenure and Senior Administrator Contracts
- Faculty Layoffs and Program Closures
Novus is happy to work with clients to develop customized trainings to meet their unique needs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.